Waterproof Magnesium Fire Starter, with tinder box and 3 ferrocerium rods
- Magnesium ferrocerium rod, plus 2 refills - great value, lasts 3x longer than competing flint and steel type strikers.
- Also includes: a steel striker, a small compass and unsoaked cotton tinder. (Left unsoaked so customers can choose their preferred flammable. Just add a couple drops to the tinder compartment, or roll the tinder in vaseline - our method of choice due to the ease of use and reliable flammability.)
- Waterproof - machined out of aircraft aluminum with rubber gaskets to seal out moisture, will light a fire in tough weather conditions.
- Compact and easy to take along - has a loop to hang on keys or backpack, or throw it in your glove box.
- To provide a better grip when striking- after you unscrew the ferrocerium rod and the striker, spin the rod around 180 degrees and thread it back onto the case (see photo).
Light your fire with this high-quality, magnesium ferrocerium rod fire starter. The practically indestructible firestarter is machined out of aircraft aluminum with rubber gaskets to seal out moisture. This compact fire-starter kit comes with 2 refill rods, a great value that lasts 3x longer than competing brands. The fire starter kit also includes a steel striker, cotton tinder and a small but helpful compass on the top. The cotton tinder has been left unsoaked, both to allow you to choose your flammable of choice - vaseline, kerosene or lighter fluid - and also to comply with warehousing and shipping regulations. (Tip - vaseline works really well with magnesium strikers in inclement weather and doesn’t dry out.)
Products purchased from Madison Supply come with a 60 day money back guarantee. If you're not happy with the product for any reason, simply return it for a full refund. This manufacturer's warranty applies only to purchases made directly from Madison Supply.